Thursday 7 August 2014

Better Homes and Gardens: "Better Health" // Medical Clinic Illustrations

I can finally share with you my illustrations for Better Homes and Gardens US Magazine's July issue! This is one of two articles I illustrated for this issue. For the "Better Health" section, I was asked to draw four types of convenience health clinics.



They included a retail health clinic, online consult (including apps), an urgent care clinic and the emergency room. I needed a street view of the numerous clinic selection, as well as each clinic's individual front door.

This project required more research than usual as the American health care has quite a different look compared to the UK equivalents.

A consistent colour palette of blues, greens and teals was required to compliment the page theme, as well as some extra paint textures to use as page backgrounds. This main "clinic street" illustration in A3 in size.





I was thrilled to be asked to illustrate for Better Homes and Gardens. The client was so pleased with the illustrations that I even received a complimentary copy of the magazine along with a thank you card which was really lovely.




:: Process and Roughs...
Preliminary sketches for the designing of the clinics:







Thank you for reading! Let me know your thoughts! :)

All artwork is (C) Amy Holliday 2014 please do not use without permission.

0 comments:

Post a Comment