Thursday 1 November 2012

Starsigns 2012: Cancer Crab (Red Rock Crab)

Another personal project: Star signs for horoscopes...(something which I take an interest in since they are directly related to the true constellations, and I find all of that fascinating) The first one has turned out to be Cancer, because crabs are amazing creatures and so fun to draw. I chose the Red Rock Crab, as it is one of the few species whose latin name includes "cancer". These are an edible kind too - so they are loved around the world for more than just being cute.

I have also tried some new type with this using watercolour. I experimented with reversed colour (see below) but felt that this style suited this particular image better and was clearer to read. I may add the corresponding symbols to these perhaps the dates and/or the current horoscope.





 
Works in progress: the reversed type design:
 


Images are (C) Amy Holliday and are not to be used without permission.


0 comments:

Post a Comment