Wednesday 31 October 2012

Sketchbook: Dogs! Breed heads/drawings/sketches


Firstly, apologies! For I have been very quiet (again)! I realised today that lately, I have been very lazy with updating my blog, making very irregular and few updates...I have actually forgotten all about it at times. I have been updating my facebook page with works in progress, however I think it is time I returned to creating full, slightly more interesting posts here once again.

I am quite a quiet and reserved person and it takes a lot for me to speak out and be open about things including my work, so a lot of the time I do find it quite difficult to keep up with my blogs and networking sites because it is not something that comes naturally to me! Although, if I do it more often, perhaps it can help me become better at talking about my work?

I have some bits of news, some thoughts, and some new projects to share, so hopefully all of this will help keep me from being too quiet for a while!

~

Sketchbook: Dogs! 


As I might have explained in previous posts, I have been working on expanding my portfolio with new and quite different work. I have lists of ideas and subjects that I would like to illustrate, one of which is dogs! So loveable and expressive; every dog I have met has had such a wonderfully distinctive personality. Also, dogs are everywhere!

To give my illustrations context, I decided to aim to create images for a clothing brand - a dog clothing brand that is - an online store called Urban Pup. (I love that you can have things personalised!) Here are some of my initial drawings of studies for head and shoulder illusts of the individual but equally lovable dog breeds, modelling some (urban) fashion styles inspired by the Urban Pup range.


 
A first idea for a possible layout for a mock print-advertisement:
 

After these initial drawings, it was clear the dog models needed to be much more "cute" and so this time I draw a lot more whilst really trying to emphasise the cute and loveable-ness but still keep a realistic style.


 

More progression on the Urban Pup project to follow very soon :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment